This is a Brand Marketing, Event Tracking, and Brand Activation role. (Not social media or advertising.)
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ is seeking one qualified intern to join our marketing team for the fall with the potential for continuing through the spring 2022 semester.
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once including ones with quick deadlines
· Customer service mindset
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications
· Ability to maintain confidential information
· Must be self-motivated, with a keen attention to detail in all work assignments
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Support in the planning of dozens of committees fundraising events.
· Assist and support in the creation of the Souvenir Program.
· Use of Basecamp, a project management tool, to manage events and activities
· Make sure deposits, entertainment and venue contracts have been processed for all events
· Correspondence with committee volunteers by phone and e-mail
· Post event reporting and reconciliation
· Assist with donor silver badge distribution
· Make sure advertising contracts have been approved, paid for, and have their ad copy turned in.
· Assist committees with questions or requests.
· Other tasks as assigned.
This is a part-time, non-paid position that will require between 15 to 20 hours of work per week.
About the Show
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage, and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $500 million to the youth of Texas. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all of the latest news. The 2021 Rodeo is scheduled for Feb 28 – March 20, 2022.