The Staff Accountant is an entry-level position responsible for processing and reconciling accounts with steadfast accuracy. The position will include cash management, subledger and general ledger reconciliation as well as providing various support to the other departments within the organization. The most successful performer will have a strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a solid understanding of assets, liabilities, profit and loss and other financial transactions within the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reconcile cash clearing and payroll clearing accounts.
- Manage and reconcile client gross wage receipt and gross wage payable accounts.
- Perform data verification.
- Monitor the allocation of cash balances.
- Monitor cash controls and ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with client implementations.
- Monitor software functionality and perform software testing on accounting related functions.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Entry-level: No accounting experience required but some experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of financial documents and accounting practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Exchange.
- Advanced Excel skills including V-lookups and Pivot Tables.