The Human Vaccines Project: https://www.humanvaccinesproject.org
The Human Vaccines Project (HVP) is an ambitious global non-profit organization moving quickly to accelerate the development of vaccines and immunotherapies against major global infectious diseases and cancers by decoding the human immune system. The immune system is at the core of our ability to adaptively respond to an ever changing and evolving world of disease threats. By decoding the human immune system, we can empower scientists to design more effective vaccines and immunotherapies for an almost limitless range of diseases — potentially transforming public health in the 21st century.
The Human Vaccines Project development team is looking for a research intern to assist in fundraising activities, specifically the development and organization of potential prospect lists and overall research support on fundraising activities and strategy. The role is ~20 hrs./wk. for a 3-month contract with immediate start. The position is remote and paid hourly. Please contact Dabney Close (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject “Development Intern” if interested.
Specific Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
– Conducting prospect research and prioritization within existing databases
– Identification and stratification of new prospects for various HVP initiatives
– Ad hoc research projects
– The intern would support all pillars of HVP philanthropy, including high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and foundations
Desired Skills of a Candidate:
– Proficient in Excel
– Excellent writing skills and ability to clearly synthesize information
– Prior experience in development research a plus
– Must be currently enrolled in or recent graduate of Master’s program with experience in a professional work environment