Humentum is a global nonprofit organization that strengthens humanitarian and development organizations and advocates for data-driven policies and standards to benefit the entire sector. We work directly with organizations by building community through our online networking platform and events; advancing individual and organizational capability through online training and content; and providing solutions to organization-wide problems through our consultancy service. We are the leading global nonprofit working with humanitarian and development organizations to improve how they operate.
About the Position
● Are you looking to impact an organization’s strategy and help build a legacy of clean data?
● Would you like to help create policies and streamline processes for relationship development?
● Interested in leading projects and collaborating with multiple teams?
● Want to research best practices and develop policies for data management and visualization?
● Interested in connecting with leading international development and humanitarian nonprofits?
Humentum is looking for an intern to assist with developing data policies, training materials, and CRM (customer relationship management) software management policies. This will include researching data best practices around clean up, organization, standardization, and work on the analysis of membership and events data within our CRM. We are looking for someone who loves to work with their head down ensuring the integrity and quality of data is at its best. This will include collaboration with several teams and allow you to own the data project alongside your manager.
● Develop data management policies;
● Create training materials to streamline data management;
● Collaborate with multiple teams to standardize practice;
● Research best practices and develop policies for CRM data management;
● Standardize lead formatting;
● Standardize member account formatting;
● Standardize convening folders, recordings, and materials;
● Create reports for convening registration and attendance; and
● Develop SOPs for data correction, reconciliation, and maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Significant Excel experience;
● Meticulous attention to detail;
● Ability and interest in working independently with limited team interaction;
● Ability to effectively manage time and projects;
● Enthusiastic and eager to learn new tools and skills;
● Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize and package data with attention to detail and accuracy.
● Experience with data maintenance and cleaning, and
● Experience with Salesforce.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
This role will provide an opportunity to develop the following skills:
● Collaboration with multiple teams;
● Time management;
● Project management;
● Data reconciliation, maintenance, and cleaning;
● Salesforce skills;
● Process development and publication.
This position will also include access to Humentum’s workshops and virtual courses to develop your skills and knowledge across a variety of subjects
Scope: 12-15 hours a week
Term: 3 months beginning on or around July 1st 2021
Other: This position is a remote, home-based position for students and blooming professionals located in time zones between GMT+3 and GMT-5. You must possess both the ability and environment to work virtually: reliable connection to high speed internet and an appropriate environment for leading and participating in virtual meetings with video enabled.
This role will serve on the Membership team, report to the Senior Manager, Partnerships & Initiative and their work “buddy” will be Community Engagement & Data Officer.