At Enbridge, ‘energy’ means more than lighting up businesses, heating up our customers’ homes, or fueling cars, buses and trucks. It’s our way of life!
As a Co-op Student working for Canada’s largest natural gas storage, transmission and distribution company, we commit to providing you with a rewarding and engaging experience.
We know that when your initiative and talents meet our commitment, vision and values, we create good energy. As a Summer Student, you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative team to develop the practical skills needed to build your future career.
As part of the high-performing Disaster Recovery team, you will be on the ground floor helping internal and external stakeholders managing disaster recovery responses. You will be utilizing exceptional customer and client success skills, interfacing with different stakeholders with strong business acumen, and high emotional intelligence. Combining these skills with a self-starting attitude will be key to being successful.
- This is an 8-month opportunity beginning in mid-April 2021 and ending in mid-December 2021.
- There is one office-based position available in either Calgary, AB, Toronto, ON or Houston, TX.
What you will do:
- Engage in Disaster Recovery planning for the whole company.
- Support team members in documenting planning procedures for disaster recovery efforts.
- Support team members in setting up disaster recovery training exercises.
- Assist in the development of training and education materials for various stakeholder groups.
- Work efficiently with the team, taking on additional tasks as required.
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program studying Business, MIS, Communications, Operations Management, or related disciplines, and will be returning to full-time school immediately following the work term.
- Highly effective and professional communication both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- High emotional intelligence. Able to apply sensitivity and empathy from a client success perspective.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can take initiative in address client needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding training situations and Operators.
- Solid computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- High technological literacy is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with a responsible driving record.
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Enbridge’s core values (Safety, Integrity, Respect).
- 100% Office-based role.
- COVID-19 related work from home protocols may be in place.
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please note that this is a role providing contract labour to Enbridge through the Ian Martin Group, who manages Enbridge’s Student Contractor Program. If you are selected for this position, you will be employed by Ian Martin and will not be an employee of Enbridge.
Please note to include in your application: Cover Letter, Resume and Current School Transcripts.
The Ian Martin Group values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified students to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com