At Enbridge, ‘energy’ means more than lighting up businesses, heating up our customers’ homes, or fueling cars, buses and trucks. It’s our way of life!
As a Summer Student Contractor working for Ian Martin Group, at Canada’s largest natural gas storage, transmission and distribution company, we commit to providing you with a rewarding and engaging experience.
We know that when your initiative and talents meet our commitment, vision and values, we create good energy. As a Summer Student, you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative team to develop the practical skills needed to build your future career.
As a Summer Student in Enterprise Risk, you will be supporting this dynamic team through providing quantitative support, accruing business intelligence, and combining these workflows to provide internal stakeholders information they need to make enterprise risk decisions.
- This is a 4-month opportunity beginning in May 2021 and ending in August 2021.
- There is one office-based position available in Houston, TX.
What you will do:
- Provide quantitative support for daily risk reporting activities such as market price and valuation verification, commodity positions and profit loss calculations, transaction validation and input, Cash Flow at Risk compliance efforts, and other projects or activities as needed around commodity activities in crude oil and related markets.
- Perform reconciliations, retrieve, compile, and validate data utilizing multiple sources, tools, and systems to ensure daily risk reports are accurate and timely.
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program studying Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Data Sciences or a related discipline and will be returning to full-time school immediately following the work term.
- An effective and professional communicator both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong math and quantitative skills, solid work ethic, desire to learn more about the company’s commodity activities relating to process controls and risk management.
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and the ability to work well with others
- Effective time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Solid Excel skills (formulas/function comprehension to effectively manage large amounts of data) are a plus.
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Enbridge’s core values (Safety, Integrity, Respect).
- Office-based role in Houston, TX.
- COVID-19 related work from home protocols may be in place.
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please note that this is a role providing contract labour to Enbridge through the Ian Martin Group, who manages Enbridge’s Student Contractor Program. If you are selected for this position, you will be employed by Ian Martin and will not be an employee of Enbridge.
Please note to include in your application: Cover Letter, Resume and Current School Transcripts.
The Ian Martin Group values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified students to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org