Location: New York City. Remote location may be considered for the right candidate.
Position Reports to: Grant Program Manager
Position Title(s) Reporting to this Position: N/A
Overview: The Program Intern will play a key role in supporting an international student exchange program funded by the U.S. Department of State. The Program Intern will support outreach, application review, student support, alumni programming, event planning, collecting program highlights for dissemination, and maintaining websites and other virtual activities. The Intern will communicate regularly with iEARN partner offices around the world to ensure delivery of program activities. The Intern will work with country offices and program staff to submit regular reports on activities. Opportunities for professional development and collaboration with other iEARN-USA departments are regularly available.
- Create and write program social media and website content;
- Support development and planning of virtual events;
- Edit and compile quarterly and monthly program reports;
- Summarize quantitative and qualitative data to support monitoring and evaluation projects;
- Support logistics for orientation events and workshops including participant travel (ticketing, visas, passports, etc.), orientation sites, and other face-to-face meetings;
- Support orientation and program events;
- Write weekly and monthly program communications (newsletters, highlights, emails);
- Assist with program application review and follow-up;
- Provide general program administrative assistance and support as needed;
- Perform any related duties or special projects as directed by the supervisor.
- Drive and passion for international education; mission-driven with a positive attitude;
- Experience working with high school youth a plus;
- Experience with event planning and/or logistics management a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment; ability to work independently on projects and assume ownership as necessary;
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite, Salesforce, social media platforms (FB, IG, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mailchimp), and tech-savvy;
- Experience with social media tools in a professional context for content creation and analytics;
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus;
- Experience as a participant or staff member on a U.S. government-funded exchange preferred; and,
- Must be able to pass a background check.
iEARN-USA will not sponsor work visas.
Salary range: $15 per hour (up to 20 hours per week)