Insperity, a PEO, is recruiting on Sciolytix’s behalf.
Sciolytix, Inc. is a software company specializing in experiential learning and predictive analytics. We are revolutionizing the way organizations onboard and develop people and align training with performance. We want you to be a part of this revolution, so apply today!
We seek an experience Controller to manage our accounting records and produce financial reports. You will be responsible for ensuring that the reports are issued on time, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that they are fairly and accurately reflect the company’s current financial position.
• Develops and enhances financial policies, controls, and reporting systems
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collects, analyzes, and consolidates financial data; recommends plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
• Analyzes historical use of cash and projects future cash flow requirements.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Coordinates and works with third party tax preparers for both federal and state taxes and other related matters as needed.
• Monitors and provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
• Protects operations by keeping financial and plans confidential.
• Managing process
• Financial software
• Developing standards
• Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
• Financial skills
• Analyzing information
• Developing budgets
• Performance management
• BA/BS or Master’s in Accounting or Finance
• CPA required
• 5-10 years of experience in accounting/finance
• 3-4 years in public accounting a plus
• Past experience working directly for owner is a plus
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• QuickBooks Enterprise experience
• A curious mind with ability to present options to an issue
• Ability to present financial results to the management team
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law