The Benefits and Payroll Clerk assists with payroll processing and serves as a benefits representative to the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to carry out essential functions.
- Assists Payroll Administrator with all aspects of payroll, including but not limited to: managing timecards, entering agreements, calculating commission and bonus payments, creating the payroll batch and submitting HSA wire.
- Reviews timecards each pay period and contacts time approval managers about unapproved time in Paycom system.
- Assists with benefit administration including answering employee questions, enrollment and qualified life events.
- Monitors employees receiving no paychecks and tracks benefit premiums owed on future payrolls.
- Assists with processing terminations by creating separation memos, determining final pay and submitting final checks.
- Manages and audits payroll files for compliance.
- Assists HR team with auditing payroll items including Time off Accruals and Benefits deductions each pay period.
- Manages and completes tickets in Freshdesk system on a timely basis.
- Completes verification of employment requests.
- Creates adhoc reports in PAYCOM as needed.
- Conducts benefit orientation twice a month.
- Assists with various projects as assigned
Competencies include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong Professionalism.
- Ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines.
On occasion may be asked to travel to branch locations or offsite locations to attend training.
Requires a high school diploma or GED with 1-2 years of experience in a corporate HR environment.
Preferable to have bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience in a corporate HR environment and a working knowledge of HR laws and regulations. Experience with payroll systems or HRIS is preferred. Experience in the mortgage industry is also preferred.
Additional Qualifications for Eligibility
Must maintain strict adherence to confidentiality and request formal consent prior to releasing information to internal and external parties. Must also prove ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
InterLinc Mortgage Services is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)