The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Since March 2020, the focus of organizations’ programs has been to address the impact of COVID-19 on rural communities.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help the organization expand its fundraising efforts. Fundraising Interns will work under the direction of the Development Officer.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of funding sources;
- Developing letters, fact sheets, and other informational materials about IIRR and its projects & Programs for potential donors
- Proofread and edit letters of intent and grant proposals;
- Assist with updating and maintaining IIRR donor database;
- Research potential major donor prospects and assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- Researching leads for potential donors and creating donor profiles
- Drafting communications such as new donor mailings, appeals, and thank you letters
- Maintain online donation portals and keep up to date.
- Support in grant proposals either through research and writing
- Assisting the Development & Marketing Officer and other interns accomplish tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum GPA 3.2
- Enthusiasm and interest in fundraising and community outreach
- Impeccable writing skills with huge attention to detail
- Excellent research skills, writing, and organizational skills
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task