The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Since March 2020, the focus of organizations’ programs has been to address the impact of COVID-19 on rural communities.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help the organization strengthen and expand its efforts to support the activities of our Country Offices. Operations Interns will work under the direction of the Operations Manager.
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
(i) full-time – requires 5 days (40 hours) a week commitment of 3 months
(ii) part-time – requires 4 days (28 hours) a week commitment of 6 months
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Review, analyze and update database records across fundraising, communications, and operations
- Manage and assist in coordinating other interns
- Provide proofreading and copy-editing support for the Communications team
- Assist in drafting organizational policies with the aid of wider HQ team
- Provide organizational, planning and detailed support on upcoming events
- Serve as the focal point of contact for external consultants
- Provide executive assistance to the Office of the President
- Assist in the preparation of New Strategic Plan document
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly engagements with management teams
- Assist in reviewing financial forecast and conducting risk assessments for the organization