Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Meets business needs by efficiently and consistently providing routine foundational HR and risk-management services to employees and managers, and provides project management support for the general HRBP team
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Employee Relations and Risk Management (40%)
• As assigned, work in support of the HRBPs with routine preparations related to department restructuring and job eliminations.
• Conduct research as needed in regards to case law, unemployment claims, subpoena requests, or other ER issues that the HRBP requires support.
• As assigned, manages routine, less complex employee relations & performance issues in conjunction with line management. Counsels & educates employees and managers on policies, procedures and workplace concerns to identify appropriate resolution steps.
• In compliance with local regulations and company policies, coordinate and communicate leaves of absence with employees and managers
• In conjunction with the HRBP’s, participate in region specific risk management activities to include projects, audits, process improvement and related activities.
Project Management Administration, Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement (15%)
• Assist project managers with prep and drafting of communications, maintaining project plans, and communicating regularly with project team members. Over time, gain proficiency and competency to run projects.
• Identify, recommend, and document opportunities for process improvements
Foundational HR Services (15%)
• Provide support for the performance management process from goal setting, development reviews, talent reviews, performance reviews and year-end compensation review
• Serve as the global collaboration lead to ensure consistency and consolidation of information related to client initiatives and communications
• Analyse employee surveys and other feedback methods to identify work environment trends and improvement opportunities
• Supports the HRBP in providing clients with HR related information on their staff and organization to support management decision. Support may include running of reports, creation of presentations or other methods to provide tools for decision making
• Support HRBPs with preparations related to ad hoc training or educational sessions
On-boarding and Off boarding (20%)
• Assist hiring managers through the requisition process and approvals. Including set-up of cost centres, reporting relationships and position management
• In conjunction with HR Coordinator, conducts on boarding and orientation for new employees
• Conducts exit interviews and coordinates termination processing
HR Administrative Services (10%)
• Coordinates various internal HR meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas and presentations, distributing meeting materials and notes
• In conjunction with HR Coordinator, manages region specific HR programs such as the Summer Intern program and cultural events
• Submit PeopleSoft transaction forms for employee changes in assigned client groups
• In collaboration with HRBPs and HR Coordinators, complete regular employee data audits and reconcile flagged data
Work Experience / Knowledge:
Incumbents typically have 4+ years of HR experience, ideally within financial services or asset management industries with progressive experience in advising employees and managers on employee relations issues
Prior experience participating or leading local and global HR
Proven ability to execute on foundational HR work such as routine employee relations, job requisition processing and system audits as well as various HR programs and project
Proven ability to prioritize and accomplish a wide variety of assignments
Ideally experienced at working in a matrix organization, preferably a global matrix organization
Experience analyzing HR-related data and reports, and presenting solid management information to help make good business decisions
Experience developing and delivering formal presentations to HR colleagues and clients
Good understanding of employment legislation and HR best practices
Solid business acumen
Technical HR knowledge across the broad spectrum of the HR functions such as compensation, benefits, organizational development, people development, talent acquisition, employee relations, etc.
Highly proficient with PeopleSoft and Taleo, and expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
Passion for delivering on a well-executed plan!
Excellent interpersonal and proven relationship management skills
Strong time management, organizational and planning skills; attention to detail
Ability and willingness to question conventional wisdom when appropriate
Ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and diplomacy
Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt to change
Ability to interact with and advise staff on all levels in a professional, calm, and confident manner
Able to successfully work on a matrix, global HR team
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
Bachelor’s degree required
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
PHR, SPHR or GPHR preferred
Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary.
Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by cell phone.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.