Interview Date: October 2, 2019
Interview Location: Houston, Texas United States
IPFC is an independent consulting firm that provides variety of consulting services including financial analysis and valuation assessments for companies involving intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights. The firm also provides financial analysis relating to damages assessments and evaluations for corporate disputes and litigation such as business valuation and breach of contract matters.
- Assist with gathering, organizing, analyzing, and understanding documents produced as a part of litigation.
- Review and interpret financial statements and other financial documents.
- Create and develop financial spreadsheets and models pertaining to case analyses.
- Research a variety of topics, including industries, companies, products, and case law.
- Develop, refine, and communicate project results.
- Prepare technical writing materials summarizing analyses.
- Understand client requirements and objectives and implement into a deliverable work product.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or economics. Graduate/Master’s degrees or other designations/certifications a plus.
- A minimum one to two years of strong experience in accounting, finance or economics, preferably in litigation support, financial analysis, or damages analysis.
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and related PC software.
- Research experience (Hoovers, Edgar Online, LexisNexis, etc.) a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Client service experience preferred, national CPA firm or Litigation Consulting firm experience a plus.