J. Martin & Company is a truly unique local CPA firm located in West Houston and is in their search for an entry-level Tax Associate. This tax position will have the opportunity to gain accounting experience while focusing on developing a tax skill set.
J. Martin & Company focuses on providing excellent client service while maintaining real work/life balance for their tax professionals with standard 40 hour work weeks – a rarity in public accounting!
Enjoy a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, 5% 401k matching, 100% paid health and vision benefits, 3 weeks of PTO, and paid overtime for those rare weeks when minimal overtime occurs.
* Prepare Individual and Trust income tax returns, once mastered moving on to prepare Partnership and Corporate returns
* Preparation of income tax projections
* Prepare Income tax workpapers and tax files
* Assist with preparation of Audits, Reviews, and Compilations
* Assist on special tax projects as needed
* CPA eligible or in the process of becoming CPA eligible
* Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Accounting – or close to graduating
* Self-motivated with attention to detail
* Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn tax software