The Tax Department leads the Company’s tax planning and strategy and has oversight of tax
compliance. The Tax team is part of the Finance organization and is located in Houston, Texas
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Prepare quarterly and year-end tax provision
• Coordinate with accounting team to provide tax related documents to external partners for
preparation of tax returns and assist in the review, payment, and filing of federal, state, and
local income and franchise tax returns
• Perform tax planning and research activities in connections with business transactions,
changing tax rules, changing business processes.
• Provide support for multiple tax type audits and answer inquiries from state and local
• Manage/ Review the reporting process of monthly sales & use tax filings and exemption
certificates, personal property tax filings, state and local business licenses, etc.
• Assist external firm with compiling transfer pricing documentation for yearly transfer pricing
• Ensure the organization is current with changing tax obligations and contact tax agencies
to apply for and set up new tax IDs as necessary
• Develop and maintain global tax calendar to include all tax types, due dates, and
• Serve as an active and valued partner across all business functions regarding tax matters
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA license preferred not required. Masters in
• 1+ years of experience in a tax-focused roll preferred
• Familiarity with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements. Familiarity with
partnership taxation preferred.
• Strong tax/accounting foundation – ability to understand how tax transactions impact
• Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, and other general office environment software
• Experience with tax research tools preferred
• Excellent analytical, reading comprehension and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong ability to drive process improvements
• Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
• Proven ability to work independently
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files,
open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Primary Work Location
Expected Hours of Work
Generally Monday to Friday – 8 hours a day
Minimum business travel is expected for this position.
JERA Americas Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race,
color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to
ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any
of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.