The Government Solutions Finance Intern should have a strong desire to learn, develop professionally and gain knowledge in the finance, accounting, or project controlling areas. She or he will be working in teams and is responsible for supporting high impact, mission critical solutions for our US Government Customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and completes financial analysis, accounting, or project controlling tasks under the guidance of a senior employee.
- Will actively participate in cross functional projects designed to improve or refine an area of assignment.
- Analyze, develop, and document opportunities for change and improvement. Support the findings with objective use of data. Propose how to implement the changes and consider the impact on business processes, tools, and employees.
- Uses an analytical thought process and communication skills to document work performed and recommended path forward.
- Communicate effectively with team members, supervisor, and business leaders through presentations and written reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Business.
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys working in teams.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in group presentations and written communications.
Reports to senior employee in the area of focus.