As a Sales Intern at Kellogg for Summer 2022, you’ll experience what it’s like to be part of our U.S. Sales organization as you join a dedicated team of people who are passionate about Kellogg and our delicious brands! You will be accountable for applying key learnings to successfully assist and execute sales programs to satisfy our customer needs and help drive sales. Excited for what lies ahead? We are too.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Hands-on Sales Experience – your role as a Sales Intern will combine the following assignments:
- Partnering with the Retail Sales Team to gain experience in retail stores by performing sales and customer connection techniques (Pop-tarts, Cheez-Its, Kashi, oh my!)
- Assisting our Account, Category Management, or Business Planning Teams with customer business plans and processes
Hungry to learn more? Your assignments will include:
- Selling, negotiating, and executing business plans –The data doesn’t lie. You’ll utilize tried and true fact based selling techniques to grow Kellogg’s in-store sales, develop business communication skills and learn our go-to-market strategies.
- Patience + Persistence = Profit – It’s time to put your can-do attitude to the test. You’ll be a champion for Kellogg by implementing creative ideas and innovative solutions to overcome roadblocks, analyzing customer business and performance, and selling within the landscape of America’s largest retailers.
- Drive Results – You will be accountable for delivering on key metrics and demonstrating leadership skills, while helping create compelling sales stories as you work on our iconic brands. It’s about having an Owner’s Mindset and Playing to Win.
- Your seat at the table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellogg business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to executive leadership. And this is only the beginning!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 20 -25 pounds
- Willing to accommodate up to 20% travel (at least 2 overnight trips required)
- Flexible to be relocated to multiple geographies for the internship & post-graduation full-time opportunities
- Leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Humility and hunger to learn
- Strong Excel skills (proficiency with VLOOKUP, macros, formulas, etc.)
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in a corporate onboarding orientation with other students at our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!). This event consists of executive exposure, previous intern panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 12-week, full-time commitment starting May 2022. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? The role may require daily travel within an assigned geography where business mileage will be reimbursed. The summer concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
Please note – should the COVID-19 pandemic continue to impact the in-person work environment, our internship experience will be moved to a virtual platform for summer 2022.
What’s not to love? Apply today and find out what it’s like to #InternAtK!
Come join our Kellogg Family! It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please reach out to USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com
LET’S CREATE THE FUTURE OF FOOD