Kelly S Mathews LLC ("KSMLLC") (http://www.ksmllc.com) is a Houston based tax accounting firm focused solely on motor fuels tax issues and questions. Our focus and commitment to this specialty area provides a depth of knowledge in the motor fuels tax area not typically found in other accounting, law, or consulting firms. The tax accounting services we provide and the way we provide them is unique and so is our company culture! Join us and find out why KSMLLC has been recognized as a winner, for four consecutive years, of the Houston 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For™ from 2013 through 2018 as well as one of Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation™ in 2016 and 2017.
To support our continued growth, KSMLLC is looking for an IT Support Specialist to provide efficient and effective IT support for the Firm, ensuring all KSMLLC employees are provided with the tools and support needed to perform their duties. The IT Support Specialist is a key member of the KSMLLC Information Technology team and reports to the IT Lead. There is a high level of customer interaction as the IT Support Specialist will interact with all employees of the Company on a regular basis. Overall you will need to be both professional and approachable with strong interpersonal skills. The ability to multi-task and resolve IT issues that arise will serve you and the Firm well.
What We Are Looking For:
• an energetic, flexible, and motivated individual who has a desire to learn more about the world of IT, and who has a passion for technology.
• a team-oriented person, who has excellent customer service and communications skills, a person with the ability to “talk tech” in a way such that non-technical users understand the problem and the solution.
• excellent writing skills, able to create process documentation from scratch, written and illustrated, so that the non-technical user can understand the process.
• a background in information technology infrastructure, at the very minimum, a good knowledge of Intel-based computer systems running Microsoft operating systems and applications.
• a knowledge of Microsoft servers/networks and Microsoft Office is a plus.
• an excellent problem solver, able to demonstrate how to approach and resolve problems and issues that have not been seen before.
• The primary focus of this position will be the support of desktop and laptop systems, including break/fix service, operating system and application loading and repair, application configurations and user settings, and desktop administrative duties.
• Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance. Track, record and escalate support cases in our tracking system.
• Monitor the health of multiple components in the IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, email, and wide area communications, and prepare usage, outage, and failure logs as required.
• Install/change/move/remove/repair computer hardware, including computers and peripherals (disk drives, memory, monitors, printers, keyboards, mice) as well as VOIP phones, TV’s, scanners, and network equipment.
• Build and rebuild Windows 10 PC systems, including the operating system and application installation. Apply software updates and patches as required to all computer systems.
• Maintain asset inventory, including asset tagging, physical location, warranty information, and equipment specifications.
• Prepare and dispense company loaner laptops when user checkout requests are made. Verify that laptop is operational for required user tasks and that all equipment is returned in working order.
• Setup/change/terminate user accounts and permissions for server and network access, Office 365 accounts and features, and user accounts in various KSMLLC websites.
• Troubleshoot and resolve user issues with computer hardware, Office 365 and other applications, remote access, system access, and general usage issues. Escalate to tier 2 support as required.
• Provide support for end user “how to” questions for all aspects of supported infrastructure. Provide accurate information about IT services and capabilities.
• Prepare end-user process documentation as assigned.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
Desired Experience and Education:
• Technical or vocational courses covering one or more topics of computer hardware, servers, security, and/or networks required, or one or more Microsoft certifications (MSCE, MTA, MOS, etc.).
• Working towards or recent graduate of a degreed program and/or vocational certification is preferred.
• Demonstrable, relevant hands-on IT work experience may be substituted for courses or certifications (your hobby experience may count).
• Familiarity, understanding, and experience in at least three of the following IT categories:
o Features and configuration of Windows 10. Able to configure Windows clients for domains, printers, remote access, etc.
o Features of Microsoft Server. Able to setup users in Active Directory and establish roles and security permissions.
o Network hardware and protocols, including switches, IP addressing, and network troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment.
o Experience with Microsoft Office 365/2016. Able to configure email clients for server, signature, shared folders, etc. Basic understanding of Word and Excel macros an asset. Office 365 administration a plus.
o Internal construction laptops and desktop computers, including components and BIOS. Ability to troubleshoot hardware errors and perform upgrades or parts replacement.
O VOIP telephony and configuration of PBX systems.