Kelly S Mathews LLC is a boutique motor fuels tax accounting firm. We specialize in motor fuels tax compliance and consulting services for oil and gas companies. The internship with our firm will provide hands-on tax return preparation and exposure to tax research. The internship is 20-25 hours per week.
The Intern uses business and accounting acumen, in conjunction with the responsibilities outlined below, to:
• Support preparation of U.S. Federal and State motor fuels tax return filings.
• Research issues surrounding motor fuels tax registration and filing requirements.
• Implement tax automation software that facilitates motor fuels tax return. preparation and filing.
•He or she provides support for the Service Line Leader and contributes in a cooperative, respectful manner to enhance the work of others and promote a team environment.
• Tax Return Preparer
• Minimal interaction with Client(s)
• Able to conduct tax research with guidance
• Can reconcile using Excel and following a defined process
• Supports the project team to identify and resolve issues; learns to articulate needs
• Able to complete technical writing assignments with guidance