We are currently looking for a reliable Accounting Specialist. The goal of this position is computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
The main duties and responsibilities for the position are:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general bookkeeping and reports
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience with SAP Accounting
- 3 + Year of previous accounting experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation