The Business Support Associate provides a valuable link between the District Business Manager and Dealers but also plays a key role in a supplier’s product distribution and availability. This role is responsible for supporting the Sales team throughout the sales process, providing pre and post-sales support including but not limited to; availability, sales order processing, credit verification, invoicing and maintaining the whole goods SAP system. Though they are not involved in selling directly, their contribution is critical in achieving sales targets.
The Business Support Associate is the vital link between the Sales staff and the customers. This role is the first step in our Business Development Program placing the Associate in a position to be ready for the District Business Manager.
- Partner effectively with the Field Sales Team to drive territory sales and maintain positive distributor relationships
- Daily follow-up, communication, and fostering of customer relationships
- Provides daily support to field sales personnel and dealerships on a daily basis. This includes providing availability, pricing financing, and product information.
- Monthly reporting including, available production, order backlog, and monthly sales reports
- Ensure inventory and billing accuracy by verifying machine specifications against orders and invoices.
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations
- Enter and coding of invoices to apply the expenses to the appropriate cost centers
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of the structured whole goods and supply chain process.
- Logistics coordination and follow-up
- Works with supervisor to effectively resolve ordering and billing discrepancies that are outside one’s control
- Special project support as required.
- Patience to learn the position
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and shift focus
- People Person – high energy / confident
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and willing to embrace change
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible and willing to change gears quickly
- Ability to see the big picture and the importance of role within the team
- Attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Prior SAP experience a plus
- Customer service and sales background a plus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, or relevant degree required.