Come join the Human Resources team in Memphis!
This position will manage all local HR activities in support of exempt and non-exempt employees. In addition, this position develops, implements and executes human resources/business strategies and programs as well as provide counseling and guidance in support of key business initiatives and day-to-day operational concerns.
• Spend time on the floor to be visible and interactive in order to know what is going on and to be able to regularly "check the pulse" of the workplace
• Employee relations counseling
• Lead the investigation and resolution of employee relations problems
• Review & recommend improvements to policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters
• Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matters
• Provide leadership and consulting support to management in support of achieving operational objectives
• Work with managers to identify staffing needs & ensure adequate staffing to meet volume projections
• Develop, facilitate, and implement staffing strategies & plans to ensure the right people are in the right positions with the necessary skills to do the job
• Obtain and retain competent, empowered, motivated workforce
• Manage temporary workforce vendor relationship
• Track staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, compensation, promotions, etc.
• Effectively utilize the Kronos system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
• Supervise activities relating to the administration of payroll and employee benefit programs
Training and Career Development:
• One on one mentoring with Supervisors to improve skills
• Stay current on the latest federal, state, and local employment laws
• Keep the HR Management informed of any potential vulnerabilities and recommend solutions for your location if gaps are identified
Your Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a combination of Bachelor’s and HR industry recognized certification
• Demonstrated progressively increasing HR responsibility
• Thorough knowledge of current employment laws
• Strong conflict resolution and grievance handling
• Excellent communication and tact
• Experience working in a fiduciary capacity with responsibility for maintaining the confidential nature of relationships with managers and employees
• Ability to navigate computer programs with ease
Why join KN?
• Hybrid work schedule
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Development opportunities worldwide
• Generous PTO
• Company paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance, wellness program
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment
Kuehne + Nagel is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you require an accommodation for any part of the online application process due to a disability, please contact the Employee Services HR Help Desk at 1-800-267-1326 during the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm EST; Monday through Friday or via e-mail at: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org with the nature of your request. We will answer your inquiry within 24 hours.