Lamons, one of the largest gaskets, bolts, and hose assembly manufacturer is in search of enthusiastic personnel to join our team as a General Ledger Accountant! In this role, we are interested in a candidate with entry-level skills relating to maintaining a vendor master database, participating in annual physical inventory, and performing a wide variety of general accounting functions. Tasks can also include classifying and coding data, preparing journal entries, analyzing/reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting in the preparation of monthly reports, researching, resolving discrepancies, maintaining records, and assisting on various projects as they occur. This is a great role for any recent UH graduate looking to jump-start their career in finance, we hope to hear from you soon, and GO COOGS!
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager Department: Service & Finance
The General Ledger Accountant will prepare, analyze, and review all financial statements using
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform detailed international (United Kingdom, Belgium, Canadian and U.S.A) bank
reconciliations with accuracy
• Perform a wide variety of general accounting functions, including classifying and coding
data, preparing journal entries, analyzing/reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting in
the preparation of monthly reports, researching, and resolving discrepancies, maintaining
records, and assisting on various projects as they occur.
• Prepare and/or post monthly journal entries timely and accurately. Maintain the accurate
posting of the recurring journals and recommend adjustments where necessary.
• Perform key account analysis and reconciliation of specified balance sheet accounts.
• Review & perform analysis on accounting transactions and resolve any discrepancies.
• Provide support to the Accounting Team in the preparation of periodic financial reports
and maintain an adequate system of accounting records.
• Maintain timely and accurate processing of employee expense transactions in Concur and
• Maintain the vendor master database in the Company’s ERP system.
• Participate in the annual physical inventory process as needed.
• Provide assistance as needed with external and internal audits.
• Assist with record keeping and analysis of state sales & use tax reporting.
• Ensure Company accounting policies & procedures conform to US GAAP.
• Additional reports and projects as needed.
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Knowledge of 3rd-party payroll systems.
• Knowledge of computerized management information systems.
• Basic understanding of US GAAP, accounting processes & procedures and business
• Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
• 0-2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment, with at least 1 year of US GAAP
Full Cycle GL Close experience.
• Ability to maintain composure during periods of high stress.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.