- Part-time available immediately
- 15-20 hours/week
- On-site; not remote
- Office located on Park Ten Place
Lee & Associates Houston is looking to add experienced Accounting Intern to add to our growing team of professionals.
Lee & Associates – Houston was founded in 2015 and since has ranked #9 overall and #6 in leasing for the “Top 10 Most Powerful Brokerage Firms” by Commercial Property Executive, added an integrated services portfolio, a medical office business line and a new retail division. We are a fully-integrated commercial real estate company that creatively responds to a client’s real estate needs. Lee Houston’s unrivaled capabilities and unwavering dedication to integrity appeal to smart building owners and company managers who recognize the value of partnering with a business-minded broker. Through hard work and a fierce commitment to their client’s best interests, Lee & Associates promises to deliver optimum returns on a company’s real estate investments. As part of a nation-wide team of brokers with more than 65 office locations in cities across the US and Canada, Lee & Associates’ brokers are uniquely qualified to support their clients’ real estate needs in Houston, across Texas, throughout the US and internationally.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn. This is a seasonal assignment estimated to last between December 2021 and May 2022, with the potential of transitioning into a full-time job opportunity for the right individual.
This is a great opportunity for a recent high school graduate or college student who wants to gain valuable work experience and explore a career path in a professional office setting. We are looking for someone who:
- Is smart, willing to learn, catches on quickly and exercises good common sense and judgment
- Is tenacious, self-initiating, enjoys research, problem-solving, and to be challenged
- Is professional, personable, has a get-along personality as well as a mature approach to work
- Is a positive team member and able to work in fast-paced environments
The person in this role will be assisting in our A/P department performing clerical duties related to bill processing and paying. The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting or Finance.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Creating and updating excel spread sheets
- Matching Property Tax Statements with checks/payments and ensure that property descriptions and check amounts are correct
- Assisting with mailing of checks
- Assisting in any other projects that may arise
- Recent high school or college graduate
- Good administrative/clerical or accounting skills, a plus
- Solid skills with MS applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Benefits & Company Culture:
- Hourly rate plus OT
- Fun team environment & philanthropic events to give back to the community and company-sponsored events/activities and other perks