LIFEbeat mobilizes the music and entertainment industry to provide the resources and support needed to take control of your sexual health. We’re looking for a passionate, goodhearted, social media savvy and pop culture-minded Communications + Programming Intern to contribute to these efforts.
This role will assist LIFEbeat’s social media, communication and programmatic initiatives that aim to update safe sex to reflect modern challenges: gender issues, sexuality awareness, conversations about consent and the rising rates of STIs, especially among those under 29.
- Work with the LIFEbeat team to write, design and schedule social and digital content.
- Communicate with a national network of community and artist partners to develop LIFEbeat’s outreach programs.
- Conduct and compile research detailing upcoming outreach opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Support the digitization and distribution of LIFEbeat’s historic archives.
- Other duties as required, including assisting with mailings, organization of storage facilities and running business-related errands.
Who we’re looking for:
- A tech and social media savvy music lover who’s passionate, quick-learning, easygoing and adaptable.
- Someone with an ability to communicate effectively to community and industry partners.
- Someone with an interest in sexual health and safety.
- An advocate wanting to learn more about the nonprofit and entertainment industries.
Internship is remote, must have access to internet and computer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn not just about working in a nonprofit environment, but also the multifaceted world of the music and entertainment industry.