At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
A Purposeful Career-bringing together people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines that improve peoples’ lives around the world.
A Balance of Work and Life-creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth-providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
A Diverse Culture-committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
A Vibrant Community-headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, Ind. – Time Magazine ranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for :
Highly motivated and driven leaders
Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Accelerated R&D Leadership Program Overview
As an MBA on the Accelerated R&D Leadership Program career path at Lilly, you will be expected to be responsible for a strategic project supporting the R&D business and for leading the decision-making associated with it. Your work will require cross-functional exposure, and your project and development will be overseen by executive leadership.
Our Accelerated R&D Leadership Program is designed to engage, develop and motivate highly talented and innovative MBA graduates. Its purpose is to recruit and accelerate development of those who possess true leadership qualities.
Responsibilities may include:
· Generating and executing strategic vision by analyzing current state of affairs/opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives path forward
· Planning, monitoring, and evaluating business results
· Creating plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
· Enrolled in an MBA program
· Expected graduation by August 2022
· MD- U.S. trained physicians that are board eligible or board certified preferred
· Foreign medical graduates who are not U.S. board eligible or certified may be hired
· directly for employment in the U.S. at the discretion of the Chief Medical Officer
· PhD- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or related hard science, track record of significant contributions to science (demonstrated publication record, etc.)
· Language fluency in English (both written and verbal) Additional Skills/Preferences
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Strong analytic capability
· Demonstrated collaboration
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Strong learning agility
· Ability to influence
· Validated results
· Challenge the status quo
· Align a group around a vision/common goal Additional Information
· All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their internship performance
· Lilly arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, lunch and learns, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Lilly.
· Interns will receive a competitive salary and free parking at their work site, as well as access to Lilly’s LIFE fitness center and bike garage
· If the intern’s job position requires a move from another location, Lilly will provide subsidized housing
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!