Lowe’s Enterprise Strategy team is a diverse and passionate team of individuals coming from investment banking, consulting, and industry backgrounds. This team is helping deliver results – which include 30% YOY growth and 100%+ online growth of a ~$90B omni-channel retailer. As people look to rebuild and repurpose their homes in the era of COVID, this team is uniquely positioned to define the future vision of what the home can be and the role of a retailer in connecting the customer to the place where they increasingly spend time.
The MBA Corporate Development Intern will work directly with Corporate Development and Strategy professionals to support the development and execution of the company’s growth initiatives, with an emphasis on M&A and other inorganic strategies. This intern will be highly visible at the top levels of the organization as the role supports the top strategic growth initiatives at Lowe’s.
· Drive corporate development efforts: This individual will be expected to support all aspects of M&A and strategic partnership processes, including sourcing, qualification, strategic rationale, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation, closing, and integration activities.
· Deliver rigorous, detailed analysis: This individual will be expected to conduct key qualitative (e.g., inorganic strategy development, competitive landscaping, industry analyses, etc.) and quantitative (e.g., financial modeling, valuation, scenario planning) analyses. A key component of this work will involve distilling complex analyses into presentations and memorandums with actionable recommendations for review and approval by Lowe’s executives.
· Develop strong internal relationships: This individual will be expected to cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, as a full-time individual in this role will serve as a thought partner for Lowe’s leaders with respect to all facets of M&A and strategic partnerships.
· Current first-year student at a top-tier MBA program with an emphasis on corporate finance
· Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics, or a similar field
· 3+ years’ experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate development, or related role
· Lowe’s is currently not sponsoring international applicants
· Position will be located in Mooresville, NC
· Please apply through Lowe’s website
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.