Malaysian Timber Council Americas
Position: Marketing Specialist/Business Development
Location: Downtown Houston, Texas
About the Malaysian Timber Council:
Under the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, Malaysia has pledged that a minimum of 50% will be kept under its natural forest cover for perpetuity. Advances in forestry research enable Malaysia’s forests to be managed and sustained in a way that meets their current needs without compromising the ability of future generations. This natural and renewable resource provides sustainable timber for building construction, flooring, furniture and other applications. The Malaysian Timber Council is the lead organization to develop the Malaysian timber industry into a world leader in the manufacture and trade of timber products.
The Malaysian Timber Council Americas is a trade association with the purpose of raising awareness of the benefits of Malaysian timber products for import into the United States, Canada, Mexico and Latin America.
About the Position:
Assist the Regional Head with the day-to-day operations to promote Malaysian timber. Build outbound awareness through trade shows, conferences, and liaising with industry organizations. Build internal awareness by monitoring, analyzing and reporting on industry activity. Assist with visits for Malaysian industry members, government officials, etc. as needed. Some domestic and International travel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, and experienced Marketing Specialist to help in the overall efforts listed above. Together with the Regional Head, you will be an integral part of the team and gain experience in a variety of activities as you build awareness of the benefits of Malaysian timber.
· Support Regional Head to ensure efficient and effective management of MTC Americas
· Organize and participate in trade fairs, conferences, meetings and online activities
· Organize marketing missions, trade visits, and ministerial visits
· Liaise with relevant organizations to obtain trade and market intelligence and statistics
· Monitor, analyze and report on market and competitor activities
· Manage and respond to inbound enquiries
· 1 to 3 years proven experience as a business development or marketing specialist or similar role
· Thorough understanding of marketing elements and market research methods
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and possess statistical and analytical skills
· Self-motivated with high sense of initiative and responsibility
· Well-organized and detail oriented
· Good problem-solving skills, adaptable to change and demonstrated capability in meeting new challenges
· Exceptional intercultural communication skills
· Second language a plus
· Willing to travel and possess valid international travel documents
· BS/BA in marketing, communications or equivalent preferred