MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. Your mission is to capitalize on the many opportunities we offer to cultivate your career and grow your individual talents. We are a diversified team with an expanding international footprint who enjoys serving clients in multiple industry lines, collaborative team work and open door access to leadership. Our staff are exposed to a structured approach to training and professional development, an extensive orientation process, the ability to participate on various committees and take part in established mentoring and buddy programs.
The ideal candidate for Malonebailey, LLP is a person that is ready to extend their accounting knowledge to the field of public accounting. We work with clients of various sizes in various industries which keeps our work challenging and rewarding. During busy season the majority of our work is done alongside peers in our Houston office rather than separated and at the client’s site. We are able to build our own daily schedule around our projects and preferences for working early hours or late hours. Work/Life balance is very important. To recognize employees working longer hours during busy season, we give your time back to you! Through May 31 of each calendar year, all hours worked in excess of 40 per week may be ‘banked’ for later use. Once the ‘bank’ reaches 80 hours, all excess hours will be paid to the employee in the employee’s regular pay check at the employee’s hourly straight time rate. After May 31, no excess hours will be added to the bank and all excess hours worked will be paid in the employee’s regular pay check. Banked hours are to be used for paid time off equal to the number of hours in the bank. Alternatively, employees may elect to have overtime hours directly paid into their regular paycheck rather than bank them for later use. It’s your time so the choice is yours!
We also work together through a formal training and mentorship program so that we are able to share knowledge from the partner level to the staff level. Socializing in and out of the office through lunches and participating in team sports is also key to fostering a friendly and cohesive work environment. Interns are exposed to not only the same work as entry level full time staff, but all the training and knowledge sharing that goes with it.
NextGen Council: You won’t find this at other firms. The purpose of the NextGen Council is to explore and understand how Gen Y, our future leaders – those under 28 years of age, views the Firm and its future. Members of this Council meet regularly with the firm leaders and the Council is exclusively made up of Millennials – aka Gen Y. Because we understand and anticipate that the firm will eventually belong to the next generation, MaloneBailey’s leadership wants to know what matters most to tomorrow’s leaders.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
• Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA.
• Become proficient at auditing financial statements for clients.
• Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered by the Firm.
• Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision.
• Be familiar with current accounting principles and auditing techniques.
• Execute day to day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients.
• Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency.
• Communicate auditing matters and problems to Senior Associates, Managers and Partners.
• Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
• Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture.
• Establish a Continuing Professional Educational program to include participation in training sessions, and reading and self-study programs, in preparation for a supervisory role.