Job Number 21095105
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, 333 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, California, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assists in Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
• Supports generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Supports sanitation compliance.
• Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
• Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
• Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
• Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
• Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
• Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
• Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
• Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
• Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
• Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
• Supports period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
• Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
• Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
• Receives and inspects deliveries.
• Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
• Supports accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
Assists in Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Assists in ensuring profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
• Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.