We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Internal Communications, Marketing & Training Summer Intern (2022)
Worldwide Finance strives to partner with the business and Lead Beyond Finance to drive revenue growth over the long term, optimizing bottom line results in a well-controlled environment.
The Mastercard Summer Intern Program is a 10 week comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
This position resides in the Global Business Services Center (GBSC) – an organization of more than 300 people around the world that supports the Finance, HR, and Legal functions at Mastercard. The position will be a part of the Communications, Marketing & Training team in the GBSC. We partner with our Finance, HR, and Law colleagues to conduct surveys, craft internal communications, and provide training about GBSC tools and services.
Program Dates & Components:
• June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
• Impactful assignments that drive business results
• Networking sessions and leadership speakers series
• Volunteer and team building experiences
• Current students pursuing a Bachelor’s or accelerated Master’s degree graduating between December 2022 and May 2024
• Evidence of strong academics, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Business, Communications and Psychology majors
• Strong written communications skills required
• Microsoft office skills required (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of HR a plus
• Graphic design and visual communications skills a plus
• Knowledge of user experience principals & best practices a plus
• O’Fallon, MO (O’Fallon is located approximately 45 minutes outside of St. Louis)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.?
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-135790