- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics.
Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here. (https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance)
You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
As a Web Development Intern, you will:
- Gain experience in our Angular, D3, C#, .NET Core, SQL Server, AWS stack
- Receive individualized mentorship and code reviews from web developers
- Complete Mathematica’s data visualization design and D3 course
- Develop and present your own policy-relevant data visualization
- Increase your likelihood of receiving an offer for a future role with our group
A qualified candidate has:
- Entry level experience in web development
- Currently working on their bachelors in computer science or a related field OR
- Transitioning into a computer science/web development career
Ideal technical skills include:
- Growth mindset characterized by curiosity, initiative, and persistence in learning new skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on diverse teams across skill levels and subject knowledge
Set yourself apart with:
- Experience working with datasets
- Demonstrated interest in public well-being or health care policy
- Desire to focus on design and data visualization
- How to Apply*
Please apply via our online employment website and include your resume, a cover letter that includes a description of a web application you have previously developed and your most recent transcript (unofficial)
Our team is committed to providing opportunities and support to underrepresented groups in technology, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
This position offers an anticipated base salary of $15-20/hour
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Oakland, CA; Remote and WFH
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
<recently-viewed-jobs-setter primaryfield="Web Development Intern" secondaryfields="["Multiple","Oncall"]" jobid="3482" localecode="en_US" maxdisplay="5" sitefolder="external" clientfolder="client_mathematica" class="ng-isolate-scope">