CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Fisher-Price Global Brand Team coordinates cross-functional teams involving marketing, design, packaging, research, engineering and sales to drive new products to market in both domestic and international markets. As an MBA intern you’ll be part of the Global Brand Team of one of the Fisher-Price brands and will assist in managing the brand globally by creating and developing global brand strategies, content, products, and communication assets to drive sell in and sell through. The Global brand team is characterized by its collaborative environment, exciting projects and its dynamic and fast-paced day to day.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Responsible for global grand management by creating and developing global brand strategy, content, product, and communication assets to drive sell in and sell through.
- General understanding of the business objectives related to marketing/brand management.
- Demonstrate understanding of standard marketing techniques.
- Basic understanding of research methodologies and when they are used.
- Ability to differentiate and create compelling positioning statements and relevance for our consumers and customers.
- Basic understanding of annual financial plans.
- Ability to provide insights to product and packaging development teams and give feedback on concepts in an effective and constructive manner.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and strong presentation skills with a persuasive nature.
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, see challenges as opportunities and translate them into actionable items.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1st year MBA student enrolled in a full-time program
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Experience presenting to small and large audiences
- Marketing or CPG experience preferred
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Posting Title: Mattel Fisher Price MBA Marketing Internship
Requisition Number: 201979
Location: East Aurora, New York
Zip Code: 14052-1884
Job Category: Marketing