- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles; knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS Yellow Book) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Standards (GAGAS) a plus and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts work papers from clients’ trial balance.
- Identifies potential management letter comments.
- Researches accounting issues.
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement supervisor.
- Participates in the engagement planning process.
- Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must be eligible to sit for CPA exam or working towards eligibility
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3.3 or higher GPA in major preferred; advanced degree preferred
Company Locations: Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; Washington, DC