The primary purpose of the Associate Decision Support Analyst position is to deliver advanced analytics and reporting for revenue cycle, financial, profitability, contract performance, payer performance, reimbursement, and profitability to support clinical, financial, and research operations.
1. Analysis & Data management:
Produces/delivers high quality, accurate, and complete qualitative and quantitative analyses for supply chain which will include financial, profitability, net revenue models, to support clinical, financial, and research operations. Documents meaningful interpretation of results while identifying patterns/trends with deliverables. Creates, presents, designs visual solutions to support the data/information.
Demonstrates ability for completing simple to moderately complex projects and/or multiple assigned projects. Makes reliable operational internal decisions with supervision. Analyzes and interprets data from these databases and provides information to management. Performs queries over large collections of data. Consolidates, summarizes, or transforms transaction data to support analytical reporting and trend analysis. Delivers high quality reporting and BI solutions. Types of duties in this category will include:
- Demonstrates proficiency with SQL (joins, multiple joins, subqueries, unions).
- Stays current with new technologies in order to optimize flow of data, data analysis, and reporting including any new software or database architecture/technology.
- Documents report requirements and designs reports that function with high reliability and consistency. Uses a standardized approach to analyze, plan, develop, and test reporting deliverables.
- Uses standard reporting tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Webi, SAP Universes, Epic Reporting Workbench, Epic Cubes, etc.
2. Customer Service:
- Prioritizes face-to-face customer interactions to maximize customer experience and success.
- Actively engages with customers/stakeholders by scheduling meetings, verifying/documenting requirements, documenting meeting minutes and delivering results within agreed timeframe.
- Maintains open communication channels with customers before, during, and after deliverables. Continuously identifies opportunities to improve report delivery, efficiency, and quality.
3. Training, Mentoring, Cross Coverage:
- Seeks out cross-functional training opportunities. Works with management to develop training opportunities throughout the year.
- Collaborates with department colleagues to learn more efficient ways to enhance deliverables.
- Provide cross coverage for colleagues who are unavailable, on vacation, or in training, to maintain departmental continuity of services.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Decision Support discipline.
One year of experience in decision support, data analysis, or financial reporting
Advance reporting skills, SQL experience, Power BI 2, advanced analytical skills, one year of experience working with supply chain data, financial reporting, and statistical analysis.
Lean Six Sigma, Medical Coding, Project Management Professional, Certified Revenue Cycle Representative, or Epic System certification.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 144422
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Remote Work: Remote (within Texas only)
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 65,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 78,000
Science Jobs: No