The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world’s most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation’s No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation’s original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
This position is for the EHR Inpatient & Interoperability Applications department
This extern position will rotate among teams within the EHR Inpatient and Interoperability department to learn about its related systems and the role IT leadership plays to support operational strategy. A small project will be given to the extern to complete before the end of their engagement. All work done by the extern will be done via remote.
The EHR Inpatient & Interoperability Applications department is comprised of the Epic ASAP, Inpatient and Interoperability Apps teams, the department serves as the primary contact for clinical support and project needs. The department also supports Epic mobile applications (Rover, Haiku, & Canto), patient portal (MyChart), and interoperability (CareEverywhere, EpicCare Link).
The primary purpose of the Student Extern position is to provide assistance to various teams while allowing the student to learn job skills.
- Analysis, diagnosis, and problem solving
- Analyzes source documents, data base structure and management report requirements.
- Diagnoses system problems and provides creative and thoughtful technical solutions.
- Monitors system health and performance and implements corrections to improve performance and manageability.
- Resolving complex and non-routine hardware, software, operating system and integration problems that relate to the supported systems.
- Perform Technical Changes
- Keep OS updated.
- Document the environment.
- Keep the environment updated
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
College bound or in-college students. Some experience