MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
This summer, MedGlobal is looking for a Communications & Advocacy Intern who will work with MedGlobal’s communications and advocacy teams to play a key role in communicating our humanitarian and health impact to a wide variety of audiences. This intern will receive a small monthly stipend for their work. You will assist with the promotion of our health work and comprehensive humanitarian policies related to our countries of operations: Bangladesh, Colombia, Gaza, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. The Communications & Advocacy Intern will update content related to these countries, assist with drafting social media and updates, research existing domestic and international policies, and seek out potential advocacy and media opportunities.
- Play a leading role in writing, developing, and collecting content for blog posts, reports, updates, press releases, and other resources
- Assist with social media on a regular basis (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Create a weekly Situation Update related to the key political, humanitarian, and human rights events in countries our areas of focus
- Research domestic policies, legislation, and advocacy asks related to humanitarian issues in our countries of operation (Bangladesh/ Myanmar, Colombia/ Venezuela, Gaza, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, Yemen)
- Contribute ideas for new graphic designs and assist with the development of materials
- Research social media, communications, and marketing strategies and tools
- Help coordinate engagement with key policymakers, including Congressional outreach
- Assist with the development of media opportunities and outreach
- Research and attend issue-related events (webinars) and provide updates accordingly
- Build and develop media lists on a national and local level
- Copy-edit promotional materials and content as necessary
- Contribute to overall functionality of MedGlobal by assisting with other tasks as needed
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, procedural in workflow, aptitude for accuracy
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in WordPress, Canva, Slack, and/ or MailChimp desired
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Experience in drafting reports, essays, blog posts, or other content
- Ability to achieve results while working independently
- Strong academic or professional experience with international relations, public policy, public health, or advocacy desired
- Proficiency in Arabic or Spanish is a plus
MedGlobal is an entirely remote team. Interns must have access to a good internet connection and should plan to be available during the 9am – 5pm EST workday.