Learn Marketing and Brand Promotions!
Are you looking for a fun, interesting internship? Are you passionate about marketing and brand promotions?
The Cougar, the official student newspaper at the University of Houston, is seeking a team of motivated Marketing Managers for the Fall 2021 semester. Marketing managers will be responsible for spearheading a market research project to help increase readership and following of the Cougar multimedia including digital,social media, and print. No previous experience necessary.
Show up with a passion to learn, and we will teach you! This is a part -time internship requiring 5 -10 hours per week; flexible work schedules are allowed. All training and coaching will be conducted by The Cougars’ ad agency, MediaMate. Join to learn and receive valuable experience for your résumé!
Marketing curriculum taught is a great résumé builder and includes:
● Constructing and executing a market research project
● Collecting and analyzing data
● Creating marketing plans and brand promotions
● Creating and executing social media marketing campaigns
● Participate in Cougar promotional activities and events
● Developing relationships with on-campus departments and local businesses
Students will apply to and be contracted by MediaMate, LLC, a leading agency in student newspaper management. Successful Marketing Managers will have the opportunity to be promoted to other opportunities at The Cougar in future semesters, including Marketing Manager Team Lead.
● Attend marketing training sessions with MediaMate
● Collaborate with a MediaMate marketing mentor to develop and execute a market research project
● Participate in brand promotions and events on-campus and/or within the community
● Distribute Cougar on a regular basis
● Brainstorm new and exciting ways to increase readership and following
● Develop Cougar Alumni database, website, logo’s, and social media channels
● Deliver weekly updates to a MediaMate marketing mentor
● Friendly and personable
● Goal -oriented
● Creative and resourceful
● Passionate about Marketing, Sales, or Brand Promotions
● Solutions- oriented
● Proactive and persuasive
● Driven by team success
● Professional phone demeanor
● Strong communication and organization skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
● Available a minimum of 5 hours per week