At Melton & Melton you are not simply an accountant—you are a valued member of our team.
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge and dedication of our people. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
We offer a highly-competitive compensation package for our full time team members, plus we are one of the few local firms that offers overtime pay for our staff and supervisors.
As you determine the direction of your future, you must consider what is important to you in your career. If you are looking for a firm where you can develop as a professional and where your talents will be recognized and appreciated, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
- Obtain exposure to various types of financial statement engagements provided by the firm
- Prepare field work and keep supervisors informed of the engagement status
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners.
- Work effectively within given budgetary parameters
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to various client situations
- Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business and market
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Accounting degree preferred) with 150 qualifying hours to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Zero to three years of experience and actively pursuing a CPA license.
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship.
Staff Accountant professional skill sets include (but are not limited to) neatness and clarity of work, appropriate relations with client personnel and firm associates, enthusiasm for assignments (especially more advanced or technical projects), and the ability to complete work timely and accurately. Competency and technical skill sets include (but are not limited to) knowledge of professional standards, work paper preparation and ability to adapt to work as required by level of engagement. Personal characteristics include integrity, professionalism in attitude and appearance, and trustworthiness.