Our tax interns will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
Prepare a variety of tax returns and reports of which may include any of the following: Individual, Corporate, Partnership, Estate, Gift, Trust, Payroll, Forms W-2 and 1099, Texas Franchise, and various other state returns.
Complete necessary preparations for scanning workpapers into the paperless software for use in completion of the related returns and reports.
Prepare yearly and/or monthly accounting in various bookkeeping softwares, mainly Quickbooks.
Prepare adjustments to client prepared books in relation to completing the related tax return(s).
Utilize and develop a basic understanding of various tax programs and tax software.
Work closely with supervisors, managers, and partners to receive and complete assigned work.
Communicate with his/her supervisors on the progress of assigned work.
All these functions will be performed in accordance with the firm’s quality control guidelines and performed in a timely and efficient manner under the supervision of his superiors.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Completed Intermediates I and II before starting the internship.
• Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes.
• Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship.