SUMMARY: The Carrier Sales Representative works in our freight brokerage division and is responsible for coordinating the movement of all shipments with third party carriers. A Carrier Sales Rep. must build strong working relationships with each of their carriers. Along with the carrier relationship, the Carrier Sales Rep. must work well with the business development team to ensure customer expectations are consistently exceeded.
• Secure carrier capacity for each load booked by the business development team
• Communicate performance expectations to the carrier for each load. I.E. pick-up dates & time, delivery date & time, special requirements, etc.
• Build strong working relationships with carriers in assigned regions
• Identify carrier performance issues, work to resolve with carriers, and escalate to carrier development team as needed
• Participate in carrier performance reviews
• Identify potential carriers and communicate to provider development team for recruitment
• Negotiate a competitive percent to market on every load
• Provide back-up to Administrative Team as needed
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience. Must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong customer service skills. Will have demonstrated the ability to multi-task, work in a team oriented environment, make good decisions, and problem solve.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a CRM tool. Experience with a logistics management software is a plus.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Two or more years of transportation industry experience in a sales or business development role. Demonstrated experience in identifying and growing new business in the modes of dry van, flat bed, over dimensional, temperature controlled, intermodal, expedited and/or air. English/Spanish bilingual is a plus but not required.