We are hiring! Are you passionate about climate justice and using social media for digital organizing? Michigan Climate Action Network is looking for a part-time social media intern to help us amplify our message and mobilize Michganders to take climate action.
If you’re passionate about solving the climate crisis, are always on top of the latest trending reels and TikToks, and know how powerful the right hashtag, tweet, or IGTV can be, let’s talk!
Type: Part-time, approximately 10 hours per week
Compensation: $600 per month
Contract: Four-months, with option to extend
Location: Remote, ideally based in Michigan
To apply: send a resume to email@example.com by September 14, 2021.
The Michigan Climate Action Network (MiCAN) is a statewide network of 76 organizations and thousands of individuals working to solve the climate crisis by building a more powerful movement, elevating climate to be a top priority in our state, and moving forward ambitious and equitable solutions at the local and state level. We have become one of the largest networks and leading voices for climate action in Michigan.
MiCAN internships support the ongoing work of our programs, while cultivating the expertise and professional experience of the next generation of leaders. We strive to give our interns an opportunity to gain experience in this field, develop their skills, and contribute in meaningful ways. We also provide our interns with support and guidance from our dynamic and experienced staff. This intern will focus on growing our digital media platforms to reach younger audiences.
The Digital Media Intern will work closely with MiCAN’s Digital Media Manager to develop and launch a social media ambassador program, recruiting and training a small team of volunteers to contribute to our Instagram feed. The intern may also help us expand to other platforms like TikTok, and provide support in other areas of digital communications.
This work will help build what is already among the largest and most successful social media platforms in Michigan, with over 30,000 combined followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and a reach of more than 1 million each year.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with community engagement, creating, and managing social media posts, especially creating reels on Instagram;
- Developing the social media ambassador’s program with the MiCAN team;
- Identifying, recruiting, training, and coordinating youth volunteers to become social media ambassadors and contribute posts and stories to Instagram and other platforms;
- Monitoring progress, testing strategies, and making changes to increase success.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Comfort and ease with social media platforms, developing effective social media posts, and digital marketing strategies;
- Strong interpersonal communications and willingness to recruit and train volunteers;
- Commitment to climate and justice;
- Self-directed working approach and initiative.
MiCAN is committed to creating a diverse workplace and seeks a wide range of perspectives and backgrounds. People of color, persons with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. MiCAN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.