Division/Department : Information Technology
Manager : IT Director
MEPUSA is a non-op E&P company and MEMS is an energy trading company located in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. The IT department for MEMS & MEPUSA is seeking an IT Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the 2021 summer. The IT Intern will gain a better understanding of various IT functions and apply their classroom knowledge in the real world.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The IT Intern will assist the IT department with a wide range of duties such as:
- IT asset management and reconciliation
- Patch management
- IT audit and controls
- IT security review and analysis
- IT contracts and licenses
- Feasibility studies
- Researching new technologies
- Knowledgeable in personal computer hardware and Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational skills
- Must be interested in pursuing a career in IT in the oil and gas industry
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English
- Must be available for 12 weeks from May 17 – Aug. 6.
- Must be able to work from home and have access to internet.
- Must have strong communication skills and be responsive when working remotely.
- This position will be half remote and half In-Person