LNG Commercial Intern
Division/Department: LNG Division
Manager: Manager or Director of team
MEMS, a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co, Ltd., is an energy marketing and services company headquartered in Houston, Texas. MEMS markets energy commodities throughout the United States and is in charge of a substantial investment in LNG export from the Cameron LNG facility in Hackberry, LA. The LNG Division is seeking LNG Commercial Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the summer of 2021. The LNG Commercial Intern will gain on-the-job experience in an office environment, with commercial and operations aspects of the LNG business. This is a great opportunity to apply classroom knowledge and expertise to make an impact to the real business.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in preparation of Pricing forecast and reconciliation and reporting of actuals
- Assist in preparation and review of tolling, pipeline, storage, and LNG cargo invoices
- Assist in preparation and analysis of KPI reports
- Assist in review financial/economic/production models to complete cost and production analysis
- Assist in developing and/or making changes to LNG cargo schedules
- Support administration of contractual obligation notices
- Support feed gas trading team with feed gas procurement plan as needed
- Complete adhoc projects and other duties as assigned by manager
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent modeling skills using Excel, VBA preferred
- Must be flexible and have a can-do attitude
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economics, management or business.
- Must have minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Senior/Master/MBA students
Fluent verbal and written skills in English
- Must be available for 12 weeks from May 17 – Aug 6.
- Must be able to work from home and have access to internet.
- Must have strong communication skills and be responsive when working remotely.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MEMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.