LNG Operations/Commercial Intern
Division/Department: LNG Division
Manager: Manager or Director of team
MEMS is an energy trading company located in the galleria area of Houston, TX. The LNG Division for MEMS is seeking a LNG Operations Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the 2021 summer. The LNG Operations intern will gain on-the-job experience in an office environment. The LNG Operations Intern will gain a better understanding of various LNG Operations functions and apply their classroom knowledge in a real-world practical setting.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Operations Intern will assist the Operations team with a wide range of duties such as:
- Develop weekly LNG report
- Attend operation related meetings outside of organization
- Review marine economics and impact for Mitsui ships
- Attend ship and terminal visits as required
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Provide general support to operations department as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills (especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible and have a can-do attitude
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in maritime business, supply chain management, or similar degree (maritime school preferred)
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Junior and senior students only
Fluent verbal and written skills in English
- Must be available for 12 weeks from May 17 – Aug 6.
- Must be able to work from home and have access to internet.
- Must have strong communication skills and be responsive when working remotely.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MEMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.