Market Analyst Intern
Division/Department: Energy Trading and Marketing Division
Manager: Manager or Director of team
MEMS is an energy trading company located in the galleria area of Houston, TX. The Energy Trading & Marketing Division (herein after, ETM Div) for MEMS is seeking a Market Analyst Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the 2021 summer. This position will mainly have exposure to Power and/or Oil, but may be asked to work on Natural Gas. The Market Analyst Intern will gain a good understanding of US energy trading industry through on-the-job experience of market analysis and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The Market Analyst Intern will assist the market analysis and reporting such as
- Daily Market Report
- Supply/Demand Analysis
- Support creating the analysis tool
- Attend industrial conference as required
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- May be involved in supporting scheduling/operation as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills (especially, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible and have a can-do attitude
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Preferably pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Finance & Accounting. Business, Logistics, and Supply Chain degrees will also be considered.
- Must have minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Junior and senior students only
Fluent verbal and written skills in English
- Must be available for 12 weeks from May 17 – Aug 6.
- Must be able to work from home and have access to internet.
- Must have strong communication skills and be responsive when working remotely.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MEMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.