Our firm has been providing quality accounting, tax, compilation and review, and financial services to our clients in the greater Humble area since 1986.
We are seeking a professional to fill the role of tax preparer, preferring those with 2-5 years experience. We will consider CPA’s, CPA Candidates, EA’s, or those aiming to obtain credentials, to develop strong, lasting relationships with our clients.
The tax preparer will demonstrate expertise in a variety of personal and corporate accounting practices. This person shall be held to a high degree of accuracy and have the knowledge and be proficient in the current tax code, upholding our standard of exceptional customer service, and provide consistent accurate accounting service to our clients.
This position can also be either full-time or part-time, depending on the needs of the tax preparer. We are family friendly and strive to help our employees have a healthy work-life balance. Health insurance and 401K benefits with matching are available to full-time hires.
KEY PRIORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Preparation of Form 1040 federal and state tax returns.
· Experience preparing 1120s, 1120, 1065, 990, and 1041 preferred.
· Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
· Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
· Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively.
· Uphold the excellent reputation of our firm.
· Maintain highly organized and updated client files.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of accounting and financial procedures.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Experience with accounting software preferred (Drake, QuickBooks, CLS, Sage 50).
· MS Excel knowledge.
· Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail.
· Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.
· CPA, Bachelors degree in Accounting, or EA preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Our firm provides a competitive benefits program and professional growth opportunities. This position is in office.