Reports to: Organizing Director
Location: Candidates can be anywhere in the U.S. but the midwest and east coasts are preferable. These positions are remote, but fieldwork will be required.
Organization: MPower Change is a grassroots movement rooted in diverse Muslim communities throughout the U.S., who are working together to build social, spiritual, racial, and economic justice for all people. Combining cutting edge digital tools with years of field experience, organizing know-how, and an extensive network of supporters, MPower Change is redefining the ways that our communities build, maintain, and exercise power.
About the position: MPower Change is seeking two MPower Changemaker fellows to help execute MPower Change’s base building strategy. The fellows will be expected to help manage and coordinate member recruitment, setting up regional organizing groups, support with online trainings and annual organizing summit and other mobilization efforts throughout the year.
The fellows will work closely with MPower Change’s Organizing Department to help execute the program.
- Manage outreach and relationships with Muslim leaders and volunteers
- Work with Org team to set up regional organizing groups
- Help plan the organizing trainings and summit
- Report on actions and events planned and executed through the year
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 1-3 years in communications in an organizing, advocacy, political, or nonprofit organization OR a college degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Enthusiasm and passion for fighting for justice, creating positive change, and building grassroots
Hiring Policy: MPower Change and NEO Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
status. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only those whose applications are
being considered will be contacted.