Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice FL seeks a part-time intern to assist our state team in the day-to-day workflow and our ongoing local and virtual campaign efforts. Over the course of 20 hours a week and under the guidance of the FL State Manager, the intern will be responsible for supporting our digital community engagement work through December 2020, including tech support during our monthly virtual meetings, social media content creation and posting, and supporting activists to build their digital skills. In addition, interns may also support field and advocacy efforts around community education, administrative and civic engagement activities. We are looking for committed individuals who are passionate about organizing to elevate Latina/x power in their community.
Location: Must be located in Florida.
- Support with event and material preparation, facilitation and technology, and data entry for virtual meetings with activists
- Enter data into our organizational database that is collected in the field from events and meetings
- Assist with volunteer and activist recruitment and follow-up of virtual campaigns, meetings, and outreach efforts
- Work with state team to create online content for social media, newsletters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to connect with people of varying backgrounds
- Proficient digital skills with Zoom
- Strong written and interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, and adaptive personality
- Strong time management skills
- Must be comfortable communicating directly with community members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent in Spanish, Bilingual a Plus
- Must be able to work some evenings as needed