The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., that provides free professional development to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues. NPF seeks a full-time or part-time intern to assist staff with varied projects. The intern will:
- Maintain and increase the foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), including writing posts and growing reach.
- Write stories and other content for nationalpress.org.
- Assist in graphic design production using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Support journalism training programs with marketing assistance and editing of program content.
- Complete research for marketing purposes and special projects. Compile metrics and data as needed.
- Manage scheduling for NPF president.
- Assist with publishing content on nationalpress.org.
- Assist with all general needs of the National Press Foundation.
NPF is looking for an intern with an interest and/or background in journalism and social media who is willing to take on diverse projects. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain quality, hands-on work experience and to be an integral part of our small staff. Applicants should be aware that this position involves a variety of administrative tasks. The intern should be self-motivated and eager to take the initiative and should think creatively about the best way to execute each task. The right candidate could be an upper-level undergraduate, a graduate student or a recent graduate.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; experience in WordPress and HTML a plus.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and digital marketing.
- Ability to take initiative on creative projects.
- Strong research and writing skills; knowledge of AP style a plus.
- Strong copy-editing skills.
Journalism majors preferred. This is a paid internship, either full-time or part-time, and the intern will earn $15.00/hour. The internship is remote and runs January-May/June 2021. It may be extended if agreed upon by both parties.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Chris Adams, director of training and content, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any relevant social media handles, either personal or professional. The deadline for applications is Friday, November 13.
NPF is an equal opportunity employer. Employment opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. NPF is committed to a diverse workplace where all employees can thrive.